Say “YES” to the Marriage!
I like introductions, I like to know what I am getting myself into…I am not a risk taker. J So I feel a little introduction is necessary.
Who I am: I am not a blogger…nor am I great with computers, so don’t expect lots of pretty backgrounds and changes. I am however newly married. I married someone who is quickly becoming my best friend, and I LOVE him. This is not meant to be a source of advice on marriage…for I am an infant in this area. I am just a girl who is finding out that marriage is full of funny moments as well as ground breaking thoughts. Many of which I am aware are only ground breaking to me, but I want to document them. So I figure this is the best way to do it. I am also a child of God, and I know that He is the only true source of peace and happiness. So, while I will refer to my husband often, know that I know true joy comes from my relationship with my savior. Praise God for my salvation and that I am a new creation in Him!
What to expect: Like I said, do not expect advice from reading this. Also don’t expect a sappy love story. What you can expect is a daily journal of what I encounter in marriage. You can also expect (and those of you who know me well will not be surprised by this) LOTS of spelling and grammar mistakes. While I may be a school teacher, I can not spell well and I view commas like salt…the more the better…just sprinkled all over my sentences. I have no intention of proofing this blog often, so if grammatical and spelling mistakes give you nightmares or cause you to bite your nails off in frustration…stop reading now.
My goal: I actually don’t expect anyone to read this. I merely want to challenge myself to try and write something quick everyday so I can keep a journal for myself of my first year of marriage. The goal is to have 365 entries by the end of the year…we’ll see. Since I have been married for three weeks, I have some back tracking to do to get caught up.
The Title: Let me throw out a disclaimer quickly. I like and watch the show “Say Yes to the Dress,” and this is not meant to be a knock at that show. It is very entertaining. After thinking about the show though and all the girls whose wedding seem on the verge of disaster if they can’t get the “perfect” dress, I realized how insignificant the dress actually is to the marriage. Every girl wants that perfect dress, “the one” as I hear it referred to often. I was no different and I personally saw nothing wrong in wanting a dress that made me feel beautiful. What I did encounter on the day I went dress shopping was that I could see how quickly it could have become an idol in my day. While the dress was important, it did not “make” the day. What “made” my day was marrying the person God had for me and marrying someone who I knew would love me forever because he loves God more than me. What made the day was knowing that it was one day, a big one none the less, but it was the day that started the marriage. So I am saying “YES” to the marriage, and documenting as I go. You will also see at the bottom of each post a quote Chris said to me. He said every day can be the greatest day ever. So that is what we will strive to have. It is the greatest day ever because each day is a gift from God and filled with many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment